(815) 276-7702 • DonnOMalley1030@gmail.com
- Operating Systems: Windows 9x,NT,2K,XP,Vista,Win7,Win10,Server2000/2003/2008/2012,Ubuntu
- Development: Standalone GUI/Console,Client/Server,MVC, SOA, API, AVR(Arduino), Android(Java), ActiveX, ADO, ODBC, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne,
- Database Development, Management and Design: SQL Server 7/2000/2005/2008/2012/2014, some MySQL and some Oracle
- Applications: Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010/2013/2015, Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010, Borland Development Studio 2006, InnoSetup, Fix32, Proficy HMI/SCADA(iFIX) v2.0 through Current, Proficy Batch (iBatch) v4.7/5.x, RSLinx All Versions, Plant Applications v4.x/5.x, GE Workflow 1.5, iHistorian 3.x/4.x, RSView
- Reporting: SQL Server Reporting Services 2000/2005/2008/2012, RaveReports 6.5, Access, Excel, Proficy RealTime Information Portal, Custom Web Reports
- ETL: SQL Server Integration Services and some Informatica
- Hardware: General PC and Networking hardware and Electrical Panels
- Web/Networking/Communications: IIS 6/7, Ethernet, Serial, Modbus, OPC, other Proprietary
- Other: Team/Project Management, Project Estimation, Standards and Reuse Libraryies, Code Review and Deployment Management.
St. Mary's University of Winona, MN
B.A. Computer Science
Special Courses: Database
Management Systems, Human Computer Interaction, Software Design and
Linked In Profile
Hennepin County - Minneapolis, MN
Principal Systems Software Programmer
June 2014 - Present
- Research and identify technical requirements and develop specifications for the most complex technology projects.
- Provide management with formal evaluations and recommendations with budgetary impact for short-term solutions and long-term strategies of proposed technology implementations.
- Participate as the lead technical expert in a team of IT staff, software developers, customers and vendors to develop design specifications meeting the technical requirements for complex technology project planning including architectural reviews.
- Implement and support complex operating and/or business systems and data base applications that have enterprise impact for vital and critical IT Services.
- Provide direction for performance and capacity planning for systems, applications or networks.
- Contribute to the development of standards for others to follow in the use of technology; develop and recommend various alternatives and methods for enforcing standards; identify risks and issues; confirm alignment between architecture and implementation; may serve as a resource to the Architecture Review Board (ARB).
- Lead the analysis of the root cause and long term resolution for most complex problems; communicate information relating to the problem and the resolution to customers and management and the manufacturer's representatives.
- Develop and maintain (hardware/application/database/operating systems) documentation.
- Provide mentoring and work direction for junior staff and peers.
- Conduct technical workshops and training presentations.
- Create custom utilities/tools to automate or simplify repetitive manual tasks.
Exact JobBOSS - Bloomington, MN
Sr. Software Engineer
April 2013 - May 2014
- Develop and maintain the Exact JobBOSS ERP application, reports and utilities using Delphi, VB.Net, C#, VBScript, Crystal Reports and SQL Server
- Utilize TFS for agile project/task management as well as source control.
- Assisted with conversion of legacy VB6 to VB.Net and C#
- Develop and Maintain solutions to integrate with 3rd party applications such as Oracle AutoVue, Sage Accounting and extending Crystal Reports
- Update FinalBuilder build scripts for .Net and Delphi Solutions.
MOM Brands (Formally Malt-O-Meal) - Lakeville, MN
May 2011 - April 2013
- Oversee/train internal support staff and contractors for general support
- Develop TSQL(MS) solutions and tools(deployments, administrative and troubleshooting)
- Manage and Lead Code Reviews and Deployments and wrote development standards
- Oversee and perform iHistorian Configuration and Maintenance
- Oversee and perform RTIP Configuration, Development and Maintenance
- Provide solutions for project and corporate initiatives
- Daily System/SQL Support and Backup Monitoring/Maintenance
Innovative Control, Inc - Crystal Lake, IL
August 2004 - May 2011
- Oversee SCADA(PC Based) Design and Development Strategies and Procedures.
- Lead the development and approval process of standards, procedures and library items.
- Gather Customer Requirements, Define and Quote Projects as well as Manage and Participate on Customer Projects
- Perform Customer Service and Customer Training.
- Developed ActiveX Components to further extend our developer tools for off-the-shelf solutions.
Developed, Tested, and Deployed a Stand-Alone Recipe Writing
Application. The purpose was to replace the recipe writing component
of GE's iBATCH and still utilize the other components of the product.
The application simplified the process of creating a recipe, and
provided other functionality that didn't exist. Developed mostly in
Delphi, the data was housed in a SQL Server Database, custom developed
by myself, and smaller applications were written in VB.Net to interact
through the iBATCH API. I had to convert the API from VB6. The
complete solution included a Custom Data Collection and Reporting
strategy to generate Recipe, Cycle, and Material Usage Reports.
Automated inventory usage to a Corporate Oracle 11i database through
the use of Plant Applications and iHistorian.
Personal Consultation Enterprise
June 1999 – August 2004
- Provided PC and Networking Consultation to Home Users and Small Businesses.
- Troubleshot Hardware/Software issues, and Installed/Configured Hardware and Software through On-Site Service.
- Sold/Built New PCs and upgraded old PCs.
- Wrote Custom Stand-Alone Applications to satisfy different customer needs